Kuakata is a panaromic sea beach on the southernmost tip of Bangladesh. Located in the Patuakhali district, Kuakata has a wide sandy beach from where one can see both the sunrise and sunset. It is about 320 Kilometres south of Dhaka, the capital, and about 70 Kilometres from the district headquarters. The Kuakata beach is 30 km long and 6 km wide. On 13 September 2007 government had announced a red alert in Kuakata as caution for a possible Tsunami.
Kuakata offers a full view of the sunrise and sunset from the same white sandy beach in the water of the Bay of Bengal.
Locally known as Shagor Kannya (Daughter of the Sea), the long strip of dark, marbled sand stretches for about 30 km. The long and wide beach at Kuakata has a typical natural setting. This sandy beach has gentle slopes into the Bay of Bengal. Kuakata is also a sanctuary for migratory winter birds.
- Kuakata is a place where you can observe both sunrise & sunset.
- vast sea, calm and quiet sea beach,
- Ras festival [bathing in the Bay of Bengal during the Ras Purnima (full moon)],
- beautiful scenery of green coconut grove, teak garden and pine forest, migratory winter birds in the virgin sanctuary, sailing boats in the sea, fishing in small boats, fry
- collection, shell collection, surfing and diving in the seas, pagoda, the wells, the largest Buddhist statue of the sub continent (at Misripara).
Beautiful sight seeing areas:
- Ganga Motir Ban (a forest near 100 ft. wide Ganga Motir Canal, 3 km. away from Kuakata towards the East),
- Pathrar Ban (offers beautiful scenery of the continuous mangrove forest, about 10 km. away from Kuakata towards the West),
- Sundarbans, the world largest mangrove forest and a world heritage site (about 35 km. away from Kuakata towards the West)
- Category Tourism Place
- Location kuakata